Health & Well-Being
Wholesome, comforting cuisine and an elegant setting make dining at The Sharon at SouthPark a delicious experience of Southern charm. The Culinary Services staff wants to ensure that residents have a nutritious experience as well.
As part of a program promoting health and well-being, food is served with health living in mind. That means capitalizing on opportunities to educate residents on what ‘nutritious’ means for seniors, whether it’s fish for Omega 3s and 6s to help with inflammation and joint pain or whole grains to reduce heart disease risk.
In addition, The Sharon at SouthPark’ Balance program features food and packaging that emphasizes natural products while limiting artificial substances and inhumane, environmentally harmful practices. This includes:
- Local products that support American family farms
- Poultry produced without the routine use of human antibiotics
- Certified Humane cage-free eggs
- Social- and ecological-certified coffee
- Fresh yogurt and milk – free of artificial growth hormones
- Seafood from sustainable sources
- Packaging made from renewable resources
- Waste-reduction practices that minimize environmental impact
- No artificial trans fat
- Reduced sodium
- Tools and incentives that encourage residents to make healthy choices
If you have questions about how The Sharon at SouthPark’ culture of health and well-being informs everything we do, call 704-556-3231 to arrange a visit or fill out our Contact Form.