The Culinary Experience
Mention Culinary Services and several words leap to mind. Tasty. Elegant. Healthy. At The Sharon at SouthPark, seventy-two team members prepare and serve an impressive 23,000 meals a month. Each day, we strive to offer the quality and variety that sets us apart, and that enhances the good life at The Sharon at SouthPark.
Significant renovations and additions to the kitchen, dining areas and offerings completed in 2023 have enhanced the culinary experience for all residents.
Let us take you on a tour of our dining venues.
The Overlook Dining Room and Terrace
Enjoy full-service dining with restaurant-style waited service in a bright and modern setting. The Overlook serves three meals a day, six days a week. On Sundays, the main meal is served at lunch, so there is no evening meal. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for breakfast, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for lunch and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for dinner. Menus feature variety and dishes made with high-quality ingredients, with an emphasis on natural products for residents’ health and well-being. Light streams into the venue through an entire wall of windows leading to the picturesque Wallace Dell.
The Bistro (Now Open!)
Here’s where to go for fast, casual meals – grab-to-go or to enjoy on the spot. Think deli-style fare such as burgers, sandwiches and pizza plus a hot buffet and cold salad bar (everything is fresh). The Bistro is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., perfect for whenever hunger strikes.
Our fine dining venue offers lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday in an elegant, upscale environment with a view of the Wallace Dell. Lunch and dinner hours mirror those of the Overlook – 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for lunch and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for dinner. Reservations are required for dinner only. Dinner attire is dressy casual or casual elegant. Enjoy regularly scheduled chef’s tastings and wine pairings. This is also the place for special occasions and private parties, or for whenever inspiration strikes.
Wolfe Bar & Lounge
Join the crowd that gathers with friends for a nightly beverage and to catch up on the day. A full bar is featured along with small plates and bar specials (think artichoke dip and many other appetizers). Hours are 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily except Sunday.
“We pride ourselves on being a community of choice with an award-winning culinary program.”
Milton McGowian, Vice President Resident Services
Things To Know
- The Culinary Services team is led by Milton McGowian, vice president of Resident Services; Director of Culinary Services Chad Lauderbaugh; and Chef Brady Lutz, who brings a flair to everything he prepares. Those with a sweet tooth can thank pastry Chef Kelli Watkins. Some 250 desserts are prepared each day. If you are into numbers, any time fried chicken is on the menu – a favorite – 350 pounds are cooked to perfection.
- The residents’ Culinary Committee provides feedback and recommendations and serves as a sounding board for their neighbors.
- Special events are always in the works, including menus highlighting meals from around the world (German, French and more) and pop-ups serving treats around campus.
- Special days are a reason to celebrate. For example, you can expect wings on Super Bowl Sunday and corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day.
- In the name of good health, we focus on products whose packaging is made from natural resources. We pay attention to sodium levels. Seafood whenever possible comes from sustainable sources.
- You are welcome to bring a bottle of wine to a meal. A corkage fee applies.
- In Culinary Services, every member of the team does his or her part to prepare and serve meals with a cheerful word and gracious smile. At The Sharon at SouthPark, we are a community above all. A meal does more than nourish your body. “We’re feeding our souls,” says Chad.